This chart is designed to help you be more consistent in disciplining your children. When they disobey, it will help you know what you need to do, and it will help them know what to expect. The chart is divided into 3 columns. The left-hand column lists common areas of misbehavior, each illustrated with a simple cartoon. The center column gives a Bible verse related to each sin. The third column is blank, for you to write in the agreed-upon consequences for each misbehavior. The instructions offer suggestions, but you choose your own disciplinary actions.
When a child misbehaves take him to the chart, read the Scripture, and let him see what the discipline will be. Even a 2-year-old can understand this chart!
The chart helps you deal with the following issues:
- Teasing/picking fights/causing trouble
- Stealing toys, books, or other items from someone else
- Defiance/rebellion against authority
- Name calling/foolish or evil speech
- Disrespect/rude behavior/poor manners
- Irreverent behavior at church
We suggest recognizing your children's godly behavior with the companion chart, The Blessing Chart. Scripture quotations are primarily from the King James version.