Finally, a homeschool math curriculum for the real world! Math Lessons for a Living Education 6 brings concepts to life through a Charlotte Mason flavor of engaging stories, copy work, oral narration, hands-on experience, and practical application. Equivalent to a sixth grade level.
Students learn math best and retain more when they are engaged in the material and actively applying concepts to everyday life. Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 6 engages your student through exciting stories and teaches them how to apply mathematical concepts through everyday life situations—allowing your student to learn smarter instead of harder!
Math Lessons for a Living Education teaches through:
- Short, story based lessons
- Real life application
- Hands-on activities
- Engaging, full-color worksheets
Real Life, Real Math
Math is an exciting subject happening all over everyday life! Math Lessons for a Living Education utilizes an engaging, story based approach to put math into context for your student---ensuring your student learns both how to do math, and how to apply it to life beyond the textbook.
A Unique Approach to Learning
A blend of stories, copy-work, oral narration, and hands-on experience brings the concepts to life, invites the student to explore the world around them, and gives this course a Charlotte Mason flavor.
In Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 6 your student will learn:
- and so much more!
Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 6 Student Includes:
- Short, engaging 15-30 minute lessons
- Full-color worksheets
Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 6 Teacher Guide Includes:
- Convenient Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Solutions Manual
- Multiplication Grid
- 1st Chapter of Principles of Mathematics Book 1 Student & Teacher Guide
- Instructional blend of stories, copy work, oral narration, and hands-on experience to bring concepts to life
- Convenient perforated pages
- Recommended for: Grade 6 / 10 – 12 years old
Table of Contents
- How to Use This Book
- Lesson 1: Working with Whole Numbers
- Lesson 2: Whole Numbers in the Real World
- Lesson 3: Averaging, Rounding, and Roman Numerals
- Lesson 4: Fractions
- Lesson 5: Working with Factors
- Lesson 6: More about Fractions — Mixed numbers
- Lesson 7: Using Factors and Multiples in Operations
- Lesson 8: Review of Fraction Concepts
- Lesson 9: Adding and Subtracting Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Lesson 10: Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
- Lesson 11: Comprehensive Review of all Advanced Fractional Concepts
- Lesson 12: Decimal Basics
- Lesson 13: More Work with Decimals
- Lesson 14: Using Decimals in the Real World
- Lesson 15: Percents
- Lesson 16: Using Decimals and Percents in the Real World — Savvy Shopping
- Lesson 17: Comprehensive Review of Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Lesson 18: Geometry
- Lesson 19: Maps!...Just Follow the Lines!
- Lesson 20: Graphs and Charts
- Lesson 21: Units of Measure
- Lesson 22: Additional Topics
- Manipulative Section
- Measuring Circles
- 3 Types of Percentage Problems
- Large Number Place Value and Decimal Place Value Writing Mat
- Geometry Chart
- Measurement Chart: English
- Measurement Chart: Metric
- Multiplication Grid
- Fraction Chart
- Decimal and Percents Chart