Jensen's Writing will teach students the basics of expository writing through a focus on the 5-paragraph essay, which they then apply to practical writing assignments such as book reports, essay answers, and business writing. The last section of the book focuses on research/major papers, which students learn to break down into four basic components: content, style, organization, and mechanics. Answer key, checklist sheets, and suggested schedules are included. Recommended for Grades 8 & up.
- the secret of cutting your work in half when it comes to writing a paper.
- how to order your presentation for its most powerful effect on the reader.
- a technique for getting the essence of what you read down on paper for future reference.
- how to stack up your ideas so that they flow together in a natural fashion.
- how to move ideas from sentence to sentence by following a simple rule.
- all about what and how to document your sources when doing research and writing.