Dr. Phillips wrote Easy Grammar texts (Grades 1-6 and Plus) to teach concepts. She first introduces common prepositions and deleting prepositional phrases to help students determine subject, verb agreement, etc. Phillips is also noted for introducing concepts at a basic level and building for understanding--in just two-three lessons daily. She has also added unit reviews/unit tests and cumulative reviews/cumulative tests to promote mastery.
The teacher edition contains teaching instructions, answer keys, and reproducible student pages. When you open the book, the answer key is on the left side and the student page is on the right. The student workbook would save you from having to make copies of those student pages in the teacher edition. Also, the tests are in the teacher edition. However, if you don’t want to make copies of the tests then you can get the student test booklet.
- 525 pages
- 40 prepositions introduced
- Materials presented in an easy manner
- Capitalization and punctuation rules presented a few at a time with practice for just those rules
- Contains cumulative reviews and cumulative tests for increased mastery
- Includes reviews and tests at the end of the units
- Includes many teacher ideas and strategies for very easy teaching and learning
- Writing section "teaches" how to write items in a series and appositives
- Pre/Post assessments
- See "Scope and Sequence" for content
- Reproducible worksheets (answer key on left side and reproducible page on right)
- Tests are also in the teacher edition