Dr. Phillips wrote Easy Grammar texts (Grades 1-6 and Plus) to teach concepts. She first introduces common prepositions and deleting prepositional phrases to help students determine subject, verb agreement, etc. Phillips is also noted for introducing concepts at a basic level and building for understanding--in just two-three lessons daily. She has also added unit reviews/unit tests and cumulative reviews/cumulative tests to promote mastery.
The teacher edition contains teaching instructions, answer keys, and reproducible student pages. When you open the book, the answer key is on the left side and the student page is on the right. The student workbook would save you from having to make copies of those student pages in the teacher edition. Also, the tests are in the teacher edition. However, if you don’t want to make copies of the tests then you can get the student test booklet.
In this text, capitalization, punctuation, and parts of speech are presented in units.
- 480 pages
- Only 28 prepositions introduced
- Materials presented in an easy, step-by-step manner; easy reading
- Pre/Post assessment
- Age-appropriate, interesting worksheets
- Writing section includes how to write items in a series and appositives
- Contains unit reviews, tests, cumulative reviews, and cumulative tests
- Reproducible worksheets (answer key on left side and reproducible page on right)
- Tests are also in the teacher edition