A perfect complement to Exploring Creation with Zoology 1: Flying Creatures, the Zoology 1 Regular Notebooking Journal provides everything your student needs to complete his study of Zoology 1. Not only does it include all the helpful and creative features of our other Notebooking Journals in the Young Explorer Series, but it also many additional activities, projects and experiments that can be completed in one day or less.
This Notebooking Journal will serve as your child’s notebook, providing a place for him to complete every assignment in the text. He will illustrate and record fascinating facts and information learned during each lesson, complete the notebooking assignments on specially designed templates, record experiments, activities and projects, complete vocabulary crossword puzzles, put together beautifully designed miniature books, and more!
A detailed daily schedule is included in each of our Regular Notebooking Journals and Junior Notebooking Journals and makes planning a breeze! This schedule lists the pages to read in the textbook and the pages to complete in the journal.
The Benefits of Using the Notebooking Journal
Keeping a scientific notebook has always been standard scientific practice. Apologia’s Notebooking Journals have been designed to:
- Facilitate retention and provide documentation of your student’s education. The unique personal written and artistic expressions incorporate both sides of the brain
- Be flexible and allows for multilevel learning. A twelve-year-old student may write an essay and make an elaborate illustration, while a six-year-old may write one sentence with a stick-figure drawing
- Help students record experiences, observations, and thoughts
- Engage students in the scientific process
- Provide a written history that students can reference as they explore new subject areas
- Give your student a place where they can record and organize experiences and observations
- Provides a place to review their notes to create opinions, and draw conclusions about the way their world works
What’s the Difference between the Regular Notebooking Journal and Junior Notebooking Journal?
The Junior Notebooking Journals are designed for younger students who are still developing basic writing skills. These journals have easier crossword puzzles and activities, easier crossword puzzles and activities, and wider writing lines.
The Regular Notebooking Journal and Junior Notebooking Journal are designed to work together to help accommodate teaching multiple ages in your homeschool.
What Is Included in the Exploring Creation with Zoology 1: Flying Creatures Regular Notebooking Journal?
In this Notebooking Journal, you will find:
- A Suggested Schedule for completing the readings, notebooking assignments, activities, and experiments utilizing a two-day per week plan
- Fascinating Facts templates for your student to record what he or she learned in each lesson, using both words and illustrations
- Creative templates for completing the notebooking assignments
- Review Questions for each lesson, which can be answered orally or in writing as a written narration
- Scripture Copywork, including both print and cursive practice, which is a valuable method for not only practicing handwriting but also memorizing Scripture and teaching spelling, grammar and writing
- Project Pages and Scientific Speculation Sheets for your student to use to keep records of experiments, projects, and activities completed throughout the course
- A selection of book and DVD suggestions to complement your student’s studies, as well as projects and experiments to help your student Dig In Deeper
- Beautiful, full-color, lapbook-style Miniature Books for your student to create, encouraging him or her to record facts and information learned in each lesson
- Field Trip Sheets your student can use to keep a record of field trips or outings enjoyed during his or her studies
- A Final Review with fifty questions to be answered either orally or in writing to show off all your student remembers and knows about Zoology 1
Your child will treasure his Regular Notebooking Journal as he makes it his very own with words and illustrations, reflecting all he has learned in his pursuit of science. Additionally, the journal will serve as your record of your student’s scientific endeavors throughout the year. When your child flips through his notebook, he will be reminded of the knowledge he has attained as he peruses the pages he has created. A variety of activities include full-color mini-books, additional fun experiments, crosswords, and supplementary materials.