Dr. Phillips wrote Easy Grammar texts (Grades 1-6 and Plus) to teach concepts. She first introduces common prepositions and deleting prepositional phrases to help students determine subject, verb agreement, etc. Phillips is also noted for introducing concepts at a basic level and building for understanding--in just two-three lessons daily. She has also added unit reviews/unit tests and cumulative reviews/cumulative tests to promote mastery.
The teacher edition contains teaching instructions, answer keys, and reproducible student pages. When you open the book, the answer key is on the left side and the student page is on the right. The student workbook would save you from having to make copies of those student pages in the teacher edition. Also, the tests are in the teacher edition. However, if you don’t want to make copies of the tests then you can get the student test booklet.
This book is a teaching text with the Daily Grams format.
Content and Sequence
- An ideal introduction to the understanding of language usage and skills
- 180 short, enjoyable lessons--one per school day
- Concepts introduced and reviewed throughout
- Capitalization taught or reviewed every day
- Punctuation taught or reviewed daily
- Also includes usage, dictionary skills, sentence combining, etc
- Contains reproducible pages within the text (answers in the back)